Save time and money by becoming a mealworm farmer! Mealworms are fun to culture and will be a wonderful learning experience for your students. Everything you need to start a culture is conveniently packaged in this kit.
Mealworms (Tenebrio molitor) are clean, odorless and easy to maintain. They are ideal for classroom use and illustrating an insect life cycle with complete metamorphosis (egg, larva, pupa, and adult). A continuous culture is also excellent as a food supplement for a variety of animals such as fish, birds, amphibians, and reptiles.
Teacher Notes, reproducible student handouts, food and culture containers are provided. Additional Flinn Mealworm Diet can be purchased separately.
Mealworm cultures are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 818
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 561
You May Also Like
- Mealworms, Tenebrio larvae, Class Size 100
- Flinn Mealworm Diet, 800 g
- Isopods, Class of 100
- Land Hermit Crabs, Live, Pkg. of 3
- Isopods, Class of 30
- Crickets, Live, Pkg. of 50
- Praying Mantis Egg Cases (Ootheca), Pkg. of 3
- Ramshorn Snails. Herbivorous, freshwater snails with beautiful spiral-shaped shells. Pkg. of 12
- Turbatrix aceti, Culture, Class Size 30
- Earthworms, Live, Class Size 30