Experimental Design with Pillbugs, FB1624
Let your students design and conduct their own controlled experiments. The lowly little pillbug is a perfect inquiry laboratory organism. They are odorless, easy to obtain, maintain, and handle while displaying an amazing variety of behaviors that can be easily observed by students. After observations of basic pillbug behavior, students are then encouraged to design and conduct an experiment based on their understanding of pillbug behavior.
Basic items, such as Petri dishes, filter paper, and detailed teaching instructions are provided. Isopods are ordered separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 840
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 574
You May Also Like
- Isopods, Class of 30
- Isopod Behavior Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 11A, 3 Groups
- LD50 Kit- Bioassay for Measuring Toxicity
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- Nematode Study Kit
- Stuck-on Artemia Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit
- Worm Composting Kit - Complete with postage-paid coupon for one pound of redworms
- Worm Farm - Complete
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit