Conduct a completely safe laboratory investigation to determine human cholesterol levels. Simulated blood of five different individuals will be tested before and after treatment for cholesterol. The test results will provide insight into the succesess and failures of basic cholesterol-lowering treatments. Students will learn that cholesterol is a real paradox-everyone needs it, but too much of a good thing can spell trouble for some people. The components in this cholesterol simulation are safe and contain no actual blood products.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 874
You May Also Like
- Chemical Testing of DNA - Student Laboratory Kit
- ABO Simulated Blood Typing Kit
- ABO/Rh Simulated Blood Typing Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Laboratory Kit
- The Coroner's Report - Urine and Blood Analysis Laboratory Kit
- Identifying Proteins and Amino Acids - Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis - Testing Some Common Foods - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introduction to Carbohydrates - Structure and Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Isolation of a Protein
- Properties of Lipids - Student Laboratory Kit