Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit, FB1638
Why are cells so small? Why aren't cells larger? Wouldn't it be more efficient to have larger cells? When your students cut open their stained agar cells and see the diffusion pattern for themselves, the answers will be obvious.
Student measurements and calculations during this hands-on laboratory will dramatically clarify the concept of surface area to volume ratio. This concept is key to understanding cell size limitations. Teacher Notes, reproducible student handouts, and all necessary chemicals and specialized equipment are provided.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 897
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 586
You May Also Like
- Concentrating on Equilibrium - Super Value Kit
- Dialysis Fundamentals Experiment Kit
- Diffusion Demonstration Model
- Diffusion and Osmosis - Student Laboratory Kit
- Double Thistle Tube, Osmosis Apparatus
- Exploring the Rate of Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Membrane Diffusion Kit
- Introduction to Osmosis and Diffusion: Student Laboratory Kit
- Disposable Dialysis Tubing Clamps
- Dialysis Tubing, 25mm X 16 mm X 3m