Drug-related crimes are extremely common. Just like crime scene investigators, your students will use thin-layer chromatography to separate and identify unknown drugs. Over-the-counter drugs to be tested are aspirin, acetaminophen, caffeine and a mystery substance. Your advanced students will enjoy using thin-layer chromatography and will marvel at the precision that can be achieved with this chemical separation technique. Kit includes TLC plates, development jars, microcapillary tubes, test solutions, developing chemicals.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. UV light source is required and available separately.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 566
You May Also Like
- Ultraviolet Lamp, Versalume
- Identification of Unknown Substances I - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Analysis of Over-the-Counter Drugs - Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Analysis Mystery - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Who Cheated in the Race? Red Blood Cell Volume Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Mr. Mathematics Mysterious Murder - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Coroner's Report - Urine and Blood Analysis Laboratory Kit
- Of Maggots and Murder - Forensic Entomology Laboratory Kit
- Detective's Casebook - Forensic Laboratory Kit
- Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Forensic Laboratory Kit