A great introduction to soil microecology and how soil influences all multi-cellular organisms in an ecosystem. How much bacteria is in your soil? What is the purpose of bacteria in soil? Students will use Petrifilm™ strips and serial dilutions of soil to answer these questions. This easy-to-perform experiment produces excellent results. Students will have the opportunity to create their own hypothesis, design and perform experiments, and analyze and interpret data.
Includes reproducible student handouts, complete teacher notes, and all consumable supplies needed to perform the lab. Complete for a class of 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 927
You May Also Like
- Exploring the World of Soil Protozoa - Student Laboratory Kit
- Yeast and Mold Soil Ecology Student Kit
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Winogradsky Column: Biosphere in a Bottle Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation