Soil is the foundation of all land-based life and is crucial to the health of any ecosystem. Discover more about soil ecology and the levels of yeast and mold in soil with this hands-on student laboratory kit! Students use Petrifilm™ strips and serial dilutions to quantify levels of yeast and mold in soil. Guided-inquiry activity allows students to create their own hypothesis, design and perform experiments, and analyze and interpret data.
Contains enough materials for 24 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 929
You May Also Like
- Exploring the World of Soil Protozoa - Student Laboratory Kit
- Bacteria Soil Ecology Kit
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Winogradsky Column: Biosphere in a Bottle Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- What's Living in YOUR Shower? Kit
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- Biofilms- Student Laboratory Activity
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation