The best way to learn about living organisms is to watch their behavior firsthand. Students will use the Nematode Extractors in this kit to collect Nematodes from local soils. Everyone will be amazed to see what they can drive out of the soil samples during a 24-hour period. Organisms will almost magically appear from the dirt. When examined under a microscope, the collected Nematodes will hook your students on the study of life.
The plastic extractors are heavy-duty and can be used over and over again. The lab activity requires 24 hours to complete so plan for each class to take turns using the equipment. A microscope is required.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 780
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 574
You May Also Like
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Experimental Design with Pillbugs
- LD50 Kit- Bioassay for Measuring Toxicity
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- Stuck-on Artemia Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit
- Worm Composting Kit - Complete with postage-paid coupon for one pound of redworms
- Worm Farm - Complete
- Nematoda Wall Chart
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit