What is PCR? What is its purpose? With this great introductory activity, students will gain an in-depth understanding of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) by performing this exciting hands-on activity. A simulated DNA molecule will be physically duplicated over and over again to allow your students to gain a better understanding of the steps involved in PCR. An excellent way to teach the important principles of PCR before students perform actual experiments. Includes an informative background, DNA and primer cutout sheets, and teacher tips and extensions.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 879
You May Also Like
- Preparation of Human Chromosome Spreads Kit
- Plasmid Simulation Kit
- Recombinant DNA—Student Laboratory Kit
- Tracking Traits with Pedigree Charts—Genetics Demonstration Kit
- Transcription and Gene Expression in Bacteria Student Lab Kit
Understanding the Human Genome -
Student Laboratory Kit
- Baby Genes Kit
- Botheads - A Genetic Variation Simulation
- Chromosome Smears Kit
- Dihybrid Cross Poster