This engaging model brings the Fluid Mosaic membrane model out of the textbook and into the classroom! Students can easily view the molecular structure of the phospholipid molecules, as well as the structure of the membrane as a whole. Rock the model back and forth to demonstrate the fluid nature of the membrane.
The model includes a membrane protein. Move the protein around the membrane using a magnet to represent different types of membrane proteins, and to show that the structure of the membrane is not disrupted by the motion of the protein. Can be reused for years! A strong magnet is required and sold separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 900
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 583
You May Also Like
- Cell Signaling Poster
Electron Capture and Photosynthesis -
Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Exploring Plant and Animal Cells - Student Laboratory Kit
- Life Characteristics—Biological Demonstration Kit
- Make Your Own Cell - Student Laboratory Kit
- Membrane Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mitochondria in Action - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cell Membrane Permeability - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant and Animal Cell Mystery
- Prokaryotes vs. Eukaryotes - Student Microscopy Kit