What do biologists, librarians, and even store owners have in common? All of them need to group objects together for convenience, to classify material! Keeping track of more than 2.5 million living organisms is a daunting task for biologists-and for students. In this colorful and fun, hands-on activity, students work together in groups to identify the unique, distinguishing features of rubber fishing lures and to develop their own dichotomous keys for classifying lures. Students then exchange their keys and fishing lures with other groups to see if they can “follow along” and classify the lures. This is a terrific, inquiry-based introduction to classification for middle and high school students. Kit comes complete with detailed instructions, student worksheets, and ten sets of fishing lures with 10 different lures in each-100 lures total!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 903
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 545
You May Also Like
- Arthropod Classification Kit
- Classifying Living Things - Student Laboratory Kit
- Animal Kingdom Card Games Student Activity Kit
- Habitat Hold 'Em - Student Activity Kit
- How a Food Web is Formed Game - Student Laboratory Kit
- Is It Alive? - Concept Attainment Activity
- Macroinvertebrate Identification Kit
- Principles of Classification Kit
- The Relationships Game - Student Activity Kit
- Taxonomic Keys Kit