Teach meiosis terminology using this simple hands-on simulation kit. Students string alleles (pony beads) onto chromosomes (chenille wires) and mark the beads to create a unique gene sequence. Then, students crossover sections of the chromosome and complete the phases of meiosis. The student handout includes detailed information about meiosis with simple step-by-step instructions to facilitate true understanding of this complex biological process.
Completely reusable kit with enough materials for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 975
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 600
You May Also Like
- Animal Cell Meiosis Model
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- DNA Staining - Student Laboratory Kit
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Mitosis, Meiosis, and Cell Division Slide Set