Provide your students with a hands-on look at the real world effectiveness of various antibacterial substances on bacteria. Students thoroughly investigate and compare several antiseptic and disinfectant products such as soap, alcohol and bleach. With the buzz in the media about bacterial resistance, you will definitely hold a captive audience while discussing this important topic! Student instructions, worksheets and Teacher Notes included.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Bacillus megaterium, LM1002, is required for this activity and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 933
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 523
You May Also Like
- Antibiotic Resistance—Student Laboratory Kit
- Antibiotic Sensitivity Testing Student Laboratory Kit
- Antibiotic Disk Set
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- Introductory Bacteria Morphology Demonstration
- Bacterial Pollution (Coliform) - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit
- Hide and Seek: A Coliform Testing Kit
- Microbiology-Laboratory Activities Manual
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit