Students become Center for Disease Control scientists as they uncover the source of a serious epidemic in a school. The scenario takes advantage of one of the most familiar and contagious school diseases-conjunctivitis (pinkeye). The students first provide a hypothesis and then use the same analytical methods that epidemiologists use to test their hypothesis. Students calculate the prevalence, the risk of infection, and the relative risk of infection for the students in the school scenario.
Complete with an informative background on the field of epidemiology, step-by-step procedures, student worksheets, and teacher notes. All the materials are completely reusable.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1004
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 622
You May Also Like
- The Epidemic - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit
- Constructing Model Viruses - Student Activity Kit
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- ELISA—Biology Demonstration Kit
- Bacterial Classification and Morphology Set
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- AIDS Simulation Testing Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Morphology Demonstration
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit