How is an epidemic started? Can it be stopped? Students simulate the movement of a deadly pathogen as they become “world travelers.” How easily will it travel from one international city to another when students simply shake hands? An excellent simulation to illustrate the importance of good hygiene. It is also a safe alternative compared to the traditional acid/base indicator pathogen-simulation labs.
Background information about the field of epidemiology, a step-by-step procedure, student worksheets, overheads, and complete teacher notes are provided. Enough materials for 150 students. An ultraviolet light is needed.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1003
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 622
You May Also Like
- Outbreak: A Study In Epidemiology - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Glowing Germ Contamination - Demonstration Kit
- Constructing Model Viruses - Student Activity Kit
- Sam 'n Ella's Cafe-Food Poisoning Simulation
- ELISA—Biology Demonstration Kit
- Bacterial Classification and Morphology Set
- Introductory Bacteria Study Kit
- AIDS Simulation Testing Kit
- Introductory Bacteria Morphology Demonstration
- Microbes Around Us- Student Laboratory Kit