Students learn the necessary skills of a cellular microscopist as they fix and stain their own onion root tip slides to study the cell cycle and the phases of mitosis. Students quantify the number of cells in each phase and calculate the amount of time it takes to complete each phase of mitosis in a typical plant meristem.
Student microscopes and onions with root tips are required, but not supplied in the kit.
|Glass cover slips*||Glass slides*|
|1 M Hydrochloric acid solution*||1% Methylene blue solution*|
*Denotes items included with refill kit
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 775
|Catalog No.||Description||Class Size||Price/Each||Qty|
You May Also Like
- Meiosis Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 3B, 6 Students
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Mitosis and Meiosis Study Set