Students make simple respirometers to create a respiration chamber to study cellular respiration. The amount of oxygen consumed by germinating and nongerminating pea seeds is measured and compared to changes in the control (glass beads). The effect of cold on cellular respiration is also investigated.
Enough materials needed to assemble six respirometers per group. 18"
|French square bottles||Cotton balls*|
|1-hole rubber stoppers, size 00||Rubber stoppers, size 5|
|1-mL serological pipets||Graduated pipets*|
|Petroleum jelly*||Pea seeds*|
|Glass stirring rods||Glass beads|
|15% Potassium hydroxide solution*|
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 776
|Catalog No.||Description||Class Size||Price/Each||Qty|
You May Also Like
- Aerobic Respiration and Fermentation Made Easy Kit
- Exercise, CO2, and Respiration - Student Laboratory Kit
- Mitochondria in Action - Student Laboratory Kit
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Genetics of Organisms Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 7, 3 Groups
- Population Genetics and Evolution Laboratory Kit- AP Biology Lab 8
- Transpiration Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 9A, 3 Groups
- Structure of Plant Tissues Laboratory Kit - AP Biology Lab 9B, 3 Groups
- AP Biology Test Prep Book
- Student Laboratory Notebook, Biology