In the first two activities, students observe and study the taxis and kinesis behaviors of isopods in response to environmental factors within a choice chamber. In the third activity, students design a controlled behavioral response study using isopods as their test subject.
Twenty isopods are required for each student group but are not included.
|Acetic acid solution, 0.1M*||Camel hair brushes|
|Observation chambers||Filter paper, 12.5-cm*|
|Filter paper, 9-cm*||Hand lens|
|Cold packs*||Hand warmers*|
|Black construction paper*||Petri dishes|
|Sodium bicarbonate solution, saturated*|
*Denotes items included with refill kit
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 776
|Catalog No.||Description||Class Size||Price/Each||Qty|
You May Also Like
- Isopods, Class of 100
- Experimental Design with Pillbugs
- Nematode Study Kit
- Two Heads are Better Than One - Planaria Regeneration Student Laboratory Kit
- Stuck-on Artemia Kit
- McWorm: Invertebrate Fast Food Kit
- All About Earthworms! Super Value Laboratory Kit
Studying Heart Rate Using Daphnia -
Student Laboratory Kit
- AP Biology Test Prep Book
- Student Laboratory Notebook, Biology