A useful piece of glassware for adding chemical solutions to a reaction vessel, such as those used in the generation of gases. Thistle tubes minimize the risk of a reaction occurring too quickly and bubbling over. When the stem of the tube is submerged, there is no risk of chemicals traveling back up to the top of the thistle tube due to pressure build-up. 300 mm x 40 mm x o.d. 6 mm.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 309
You May Also Like
- Thistle Tube, Polyethylene
- Pneumatic Trough, Polypropylene
- Pneumatic Trough
- Bottle, Gas Collecting, Flint Glass, 240-mL
- Gas Generating Bottle
- Plastic Tubing in 10-Foot Lengths, 1/8" i.d. x 1/16"
- Flask, Erlenmeyer, Borosilicate Glass, 10 mL
- Rubber Stoppers, 1 lb, Size #6, Black, Two-Hole
- Tubing Connector, Bent, Flint Glass, 90° Angle
- Support Stand, 4" X 6"