You Are About to Order Live Material
Please choose your date before adding items from this table to your cart.
Physarum Study Set. Includes both plasmodium and sclerotia as described above, plus: one plate of oatmeal agar (for regenerating sclerotia), one filter paper plate (for inducing sclerotial stage), one small jar of oats for culturing, and complete instructions.
A group notable for its unwillingness to be neatly classified. Grouped with the Protista because their vegetative state is a mobile amoeboid mass, and with the fungi due to their production of fungus-like fruiting bodies. Like the fungi they also produce spores with cell walls. Slime-molds live primarily in moist habitats on decaying plant matter, consuming bacteria and other microorganisms. Physarum polycephalum develops bright orange-yellow plasmodia and is readily cultured so that all stages can be studied and observed. Takes 5 days to culture after receipt.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 921
You May Also Like
- Bacterial Classification and Morphology Set
- High School Bacteria Collection
- Bacterial Pigmentation Set
- Fungal Cultures, Aspergillus niger
- Fungal Cultures, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Bacterial Cultures, Bacillus cereus
- Nutrient Agar, Pkg. of 10 Plates
- Sensitivity Disk, Antibiotic, Chloramphenicol 30 µg
- Bacteria Spreader
- Inoculating Loop, Nichrome Wire