|Price/Pkg. of 3|
You Are About to Order Live Material
Please choose your date before adding items from this table to your cart.
Tenodera aridifolia sinensis. Viable mantis egg cases (ootheca) containing up to 150 eggs. The praying mantis is a fierce and fascinating predator, large and easy to observe. Egg cases are deposited in the fall and the nymphs hatch in early spring. The praying mantis is notable for a life cycle that demonstrates incomplete metamorphosis-developing from egg, to nymph, to adult. Only available January through June 1. A state permit is required to ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
MAINTENANCE: In the classroom, the egg case should be fastened to a twig or branch and placed in a warm location. Hatching will begin in about 4-6 weeks. Mantises are cannibalistic and must be separated shortly after hatching. Maintain on a steady diet of live insects. If necessary, the egg cases can be held in the refrigerator up to two months before hatching is induced.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 818
You May Also Like
- Isopods, Class of 100
- Land Hermit Crabs, Live, Pkg. of 3
- Isopods, Class of 30
- Mealworms, Tenebrio larvae, Class Size 30
- Crickets, Live, Pkg. of 50
- Daphnia sp., Culture, Class Size 30
- Ramshorn Snails. Herbivorous, freshwater snails with beautiful spiral-shaped shells. Pkg. of 12
- Redworms (Eisenia foetida), 100/pkg
- Turbatrix aceti, Culture, Class Size 30
- Lumbriculus variegatus