Eastern Newt (Notophthalmus viridescens), LM1168 © Rob Simpson/Visuals Unlimited
|Price/Pkg. of 3|
You Are About to Order Live Material
Please choose your date before adding items from this table to your cart.
Fascinating and easy-care amphibians that are ideal for classroom aquariums and terrariums. Newts, as a rule, are primarily aquatic but should have access to land areas. Life span 12-20 years. A state permit is required to ship to Oregon and Washington.
Eastern Newt (Notophthalmus viridescens)
Generally, coloration is olive-green overall with distinctive lines of flame-orange spots on each side; length 3"-5"; primarily aquatic.
MAINTENANCE: Newts prefer waters that are relatively densely planted with live or artificial aquarium plants. Feed smaller newts live Tubifex, earthworms or Daphnia. Larger newts will eat earthworms, small crickets, mealworms and other slow-moving insects.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 815
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 563
You May Also Like
- American Chameleon (Anole), Live, Pkg. of 3
- Grass Frogs, Live, 2"- 2.5", Pkg. of 12
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Female Adults
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Male Juveniles
- Chinese Algae Eater, Pkg. of 3
- Bullfrog, Live
- Common Guppy, Pkg. of 6
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Tadpoles
- Bullfrog, Tadpoles, Live, <2, Pkg. of 6
- Bullfrog, Tadpoles, Live, 2–4, Pkg. of 12