American Chameleon (Anole), Live, Pkg. of 3 (Anolis carolinensis), LM1169, © Ken Lucas/Visuals Unlimited
|Price/Pkg. of 3|
You Are About to Order Live Material
Please choose your date before adding items from this table to your cart.
Smaller, easy to manage reptiles that will not outgrow classroom accommodations. A state permit is required to ship to Utah. Not available for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Chameleon (Anolis carolinensis). Commonly the American chameleon, or anole; not a true chameleon though its skin color will change from green to gray or reddish brown depending on mood and environmental conditions. Length to 6"-7"; males distinguished by their pink throat flap (dewlap).
MAINTENANCE: All will prefer drier habitats with coarse sand, artificial turf and/or mixed bark/gravel substrate. Decorate with sturdy, live plants and loosely stacked rocks to create caves and hiding places. Overall temperature should be approximately 22-25 ºC. Do very well on a diet of crickets, mealworms, earthworms and collected insects. Water should be provided in a shallow dish and by spraying leaf and rock surfaces.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 815
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 563
You May Also Like
- Eastern Newts, Live, Pkg. of 3
- Grass Frogs, Live, 2"- 2.5", Pkg. of 12
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Female Adults
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Male Juveniles
- Chinese Algae Eater, Pkg. of 3
- Bullfrog, Live
- Common Guppy, Pkg. of 6
- African Clawed Frog (Xenopus), Tadpoles
- Bullfrog, Tadpoles, Live, <2, Pkg. of 6
- Bullfrog, Tadpoles, Live, 2–4, Pkg. of 12