You Are About to Order Live Material
Please choose your date before adding items from this table to your cart.
Easy to culture and easy to see, this aquatic oligochaete worm makes a very versatile classroom experimental animal. Culture this worm and use it throughout the school year for multiple studies. The nearly transparent worm has distinct segmented parts - and an especially prominent dorsal blood vessel which pumps like a heart. Chemical effects on the pulsating blood vessel are easily observed and timed. This is an ideal organism for studies of behavior, locomotion, regeneration, and drug studies. Comes with background and culturing information. Class size of 30.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 821
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 559
You May Also Like
- Mixed Planaria, Culture, Class Size 30
- Mixed Hydra - Brown and Green Culture, Class Size 30
- Mixed Rotifers, Culture, Class Size 30
- Turbatrix aceti, Culture, Class Size 30
- Earthworms, Live, Class Size 30
- Redworms (Eisenia fetida), 50/pkg
- Pond Snails (various), Freshwater, algae eating snails. Pkg. of 12
- Brine Shrimp (Artemia) Hatchery
- Daphnia sp., Culture, Class Size 30
- Isopods, Class of 30