Selected to include a number of popular slides with key representatives from all five kingdoms. An excellent overview for the beginning biologist and microscopist. Designed to complement General Biology Set B but comprehensive on its own.
Bacteria, three types, (bacilli, cocci, spirilli), separate smears.
Oedogonium, homothallic species, w.m.
Moss, protonema, w.m.
Fern, prothallium, antheridia and archegonia, w.m.
Fern, (Pteridium) rhizome, c.s.
Buttercup, (Ranunculus) root, c.s.
Onion, (Allium) root tip l.s., mitosis
Leaf epidermis, w.m. (Sedum)
Lilac, (Syringa) leaf, c.s.
Lily, (Lilium) anthers with pollen, c.s.
Amoeba proteus, w.m.
Paramecium caudatum, w.m.
Scypha, (Grantia), c.s. and l.s.
Planaria, “injected,” w.m.
Ancylostoma caninum, (hook-worm), w.m.
Trichinella spiralis, encysted larvae, section.
Insect, wings, 4 types, w.m.
Insect, cornea, w.m.
Drosophila, (fruit fly), w.m.
Mitosis, section of whitefish blastodisc.
Frog, blood, smear.
Frog, intestine, c.s.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 963
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 644
You May Also Like
- Slides, Microscope, General Biology, Set B
- Introductory Slide Set
- Anatomy and Physiology Slide Set
- Introductory Zoology Slide Set
- Slides, Microscope, General Botany Set
- Microscope Slide Storage Cabinet
- Introductory Slide-Making Kit
- Exploring the Compound Microscope - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microscope "Mystery" Kit - A Drawing, Identifying, and Size-Estimating Challenge
- Flinn Slide Gel