A good choice by itself or as a companion to set A. This set includes several slides selected to reinforce fundamental comparisons. A well-chosen array that spans the breadth and diversity of living things.
Slime mold, (Stemonitis), fruiting body, w.m.
Spirogyra, vegetative and conjugating, w.m.
Wheat rust, (Puccinia), uredinia, telia, aecia, and spermogonia (pycnia), l.s.
Mold types, (sporangia of Rhizopus, Aspergillus, and Penicillium), w.m.
Marchantia, thallus with cupule, antheridia, archegonia, and sporophyte, l.s.
Herbaceous and woody dicot stems, c.s.
Corn, stem, c.s.
Corn, root, c.s.
Corn, leaf, c.s.
Lily, ovary, c.s.
Aurelia, ephyra, w.m.
Planaria, three regions, c.s.
Fasciola hepatica, w.m.
Ascaris, male and female, c.s.
Bugula, (marine bryozoan), w.m.
Earthworm, l.s. of anterior.
Starfish, ray, c.s.
Insect, legs, four types, w.m.
Insect, spiracle and trachea, w.m.
Frog, liver, section.
Frog, testis, section.
Bird, feathers, three types, w.m.
Bull, sperm, smear.
Ovary, developing follicles, section.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 964
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 644
You May Also Like
- Slides, Microscope, General Biology, Set A
- Introductory Slide Set
- Anatomy and Physiology Slide Set
- Introductory Zoology Slide Set
- Slides, Microscope, General Botany Set
- Microscope Slide Storage Cabinet
- Introductory Slide-Making Kit
- Exploring the Compound Microscope - Student Laboratory Kit
- Microscope "Mystery" Kit - A Drawing, Identifying, and Size-Estimating Challenge
- Flinn Slide Gel