What comparison in biology is more fundamental than that between plants and animals? The slides in this set can be used to take this comparison to a different level-microscopic. Epidermal cells from onion leaf are compared and contrasted with those from a human-cells whose similarities in structure are due to similarities in function. Cross sections of pine stems are compared and contrasted with cross sections from an earthworm-both of which have structures specialized for conducting materials through the organism. These and many other points can be made with this set of four slides.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 957
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 641
You May Also Like
- Cell Types Wall Chart
- Exploring Plant and Animal Cells - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant and Animal Cell Mystery
- Make Your Own Cell - Student Laboratory Kit
- Animal Cell Chart
- Prokaryotes vs. Eukaryotes - Compariset
- Membrane Properties - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plasma Membrane Model
- Prokaryotes vs. Eukaryotes - Student Microscopy Kit
- Animal Cell Model