This set of four slides is selected to introduce and compare and contrast processes which are integral to any study of biology-to say the least! Mitosis-cellular division that results in two identical daughter cells; and meiosis-reduction division, the products of which are haploid sex cells or gametes; are examined in both plant and animal tissues. Slides for mitosis are sections of onion root-tip and whitefish blastula. Slides for meiosis are sections of lily anthers and ovaries of Ascaris.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 959
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 642
You May Also Like
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Mitosis and Meiosis Study Set
- Animal Cell Meiosis Model