Eight slides to introduce and illustrate concepts of cell division, sexual reproduction, and asexual reproduction. Slides cover “simple” fission, to mitosis (cell division), to meiosis (reduction division and the production of gametes). Mitosis and meiosis in both plants and animals are represented.
Paramecium fission, w.m.
Saccharomyces (yeast), w.m. Vegetative and budding.
Allium (onion), l.s. Root tip for mitosis.
Lilium, c.s. Anthers for first meiotic division.
Hydra, budding, w.m.
Whitefish mitosis, sec. Blastodisc.
Ascaris, sec. Through uterus for meiotic stages.
Grasshopper testis, sec. Spermatogenesis.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 963
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 644
You May Also Like
- Mitosis vs. Meiosis - Compariset
- Meiosis Chart
- Mitosis Chart
- Allele's Crossing Over to the Other Side - Student Laboratory Kit
- "Constructing" Mitosis The 5E Way
- The Cell Cycle- Simulation of Chromosome Behaviors
- Magnetic Meiosis Models - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Mitosis Demonstration - Biology Demonstration Kit
- Mitosis Study Kit
- Mitosis and Meiosis Study Set