Ten slides that provide an introduction to the major classes of algae. By examining representatives from several classes, students will learn that the algae are an extremely heterogeneous group with respect to pigmentation, structure, life history, and distribution.
Chlorella, w.m. Common endosymbiont.
Ulva, w.m. Sea-lettuce.
Hydrodictyon, w.m. The water net.
Desmids, w.m. Mixed species.
Diatoms-Marine, w.m. Mixed species.
Fucus, sec. Monoecious, with antheridia and oogonia.
Polysiphonia, w.m. Thallus with tetraspores.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 964
You May Also Like
- Algae Set - Mixed
- Characteristics of Algae - Student Laboratory Kit
- Green Algae-Compariset
- Why Is The Water Green? - Student Laboratory Kit
- Volvox Demoslides, Pkg. of 5
- Oscillatoria, Culture, Class Size 100
- Pond Life Survey Slide Set
- Moss Life Cycle Slide Set
- Slides, Microscope, General Biology, Set A
- Microscope Slide Storage Cabinet