A diverse, and too often ignored group that collectively performs the vital ecological role of decomposers. This set of eight slides includes unicellular and multicellular species, and free-living, parasitic, and mutualistic species. Economically beneficial forms (Penicillium and Saccharomyces) are included, as is the agricultural pest Puccinia (wheat rust, infecting Triticum).
Rhizopus, w.m. Bread mold.
Aspergillus, w.m. Brown mold.
Penicillium, w.m. Blue mold.
Saccharomyces, w.m. Yeast, vegetative and budding.
Coprinus, c.s. Mushroom.
Puccinia graminis, sec. Triticum leaf or stem.
Lichen, w.m. Teased.
Lycoperdon, l.s. Puffball.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 891
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 626
You May Also Like
- Bacteria, Fungi, and Slime Mold Slide Set
- Fungal Cultures, Aspergillus niger
- Fungal Cultures, Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. ellipsoides
- Slide, Wood Rot Fungus, c.s.
- Fern Life Cycle Slide Set
- Pond Life Survey Slide Set
- Algae Survey Slide Set
- Moss Life Cycle Slide Set
- Marine Life Survey Slide Set
- Macroinvertebrate Identification Kit