At some point in the distant past, all of the continents may have been joined together in a single landmass! Let students explore the fascinating theory of Pangaea, the supercontinent, and the principles of plate tectonics using this durable, hands-on activity model. Students assemble the laminated Pangaea continental plates provided with the kit on the durable ocean “floor.” They then simulate how geological processes led to the separation of the plated over time and observe how the movements led to the modern placement of the continents. Visual, interactive nature of arranging and rearranging the model allows students to visualize how the powerful forces of plate tectonics continue to shape the earth. Kit includes a detailed background section, student worksheets, and enough materials for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1018
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 659
You May Also Like
- Sea Floor Spreading-Student Laboratory Kit
- Strike-Slip Fault Activity Kit
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Modeling and Mapping Topography Kit
- Ocean Current Activity Model
- Modeling Faults Student Activity Kit
- Earth History Model
- Investigating Plate Tectonics Lab Activity
- Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes Demonstration Kit
- Mapping Earthquakes and Volcanoes Kit