Simulate the amazing process of sea floor spreading and continental drift over geological time using this hands-on activity model! Students use the detailed model to observe the forces that push the tectonic plates apart and cause continental drifting. They then recreate the processes that led to the expansion of the ocean over the past 150 million years by taking visual “snapshots” of the Earth as it evolved through the Jurassic and Cretaceous Periods and into the Cenozoic Era. Includes thorough detailed background information, step-by-step procedures, student worksheets, complete teacher notes with sample data and answers to all questions, and enough materials for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 1018
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 653
You May Also Like
- Pangaea-Student Laboratory Kit
- Strike-Slip Fault Activity Kit
- Tectonics Model - Demonstration Kit
- Modeling and Mapping Topography Kit
- Ocean Current Activity Model
- Modeling Faults Student Activity Kit
- Earth History Model
- Investigating Plate Tectonics Lab Activity
- Plate Tectonics and Earthquakes Demonstration Kit
- Mapping Earthquakes and Volcanoes Kit