The properties of gases and the gas laws are important in many areas of science and real life, including physiology, meteorology, scuba diving, even hot air ballooning! In this activity-stations kit, students will investigate the properties of gases, derive the mathematical relationships among the gas variables, and use the kinetic-molecular theory to explain the behavior of gases. There are four “mini-lab” activities, each one focusing on a specific principle or topic:
• Diffusion of Gas Molecules
• Atmospheric Pressure
• Boyle's Law
• Charles' Law
Each activity is a self-contained unit designed to take about 10 minutes to complete—student groups may rotate through the stations in any order. Teacher Notes with complete sample data, comprehensive background information, reproducible student handouts, and all chemicals and consumables needed to perform the activities are supplied. Activity-stations lab format lets you do more labs in less time!
Complete for 24 students working in groups of three.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 460
You May Also Like
- Bicycle Floor Pump with Gauge and Release Valve
- Hot Plate, Flinn, 7" X 7"
- Gas Laws Equipment Kit
- Molar Volume of Hydrogen - Combining the Gas Laws - Student Laboratory Kit
- Massing Gases - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Up, Up and Away - Hot Air Balloon Student Activity Kit
- Pressure Bottle
- Gas Laws Puzzle - Student Activity Kit
- Chemistry of Gases DVD Set
- The Gas Laws, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 9