A cut here, a fold there, a couple of tucks, and Presto! You have just created a three-dimensional model of sulfur hexafluoride. This unique kit combines the fun of paper-making using origami techniques with the rigors of molecular structure—a great way to engage your diverse student body. Students cut out “flattened” shapes of the six basic molecular geometries predicted by VSEPR, then use origami folding techniques to produce each three-dimensional structure. All students, especially visual learners, will benefit from the opportunity to build these interesting models! Teacher notes with answers to all questions, detailed background information, and reproducible student handouts are included. Ten color sets of six VSEPR geometry cutouts, along with a periodic table master sheet, are provided in the kit.
Complete for 30 students working in groups of three.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 432
You May Also Like
- Shapes of Molecules Model Set
- Lewis Structures and Molecular Geometry - Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- VSEPR Hold 'Em - Super Value Game
- Properties of Solids - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Molecular Geometry, Bonding, and Balloons - Demonstration Kit
- Chemical Bonding - Activity-Stations Kit
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions DVD Set
- Build Models of Molecules - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Valence Shell Electron Balloons, "Shared Pairs," Pkg. of 10
- Chemical Bonding, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 5