Watch paper chameleons magically change color with the help of some basic—and acidic—chemistry. Students spot solutions of various household substances on specially treated blotting paper, then estimate the pH of each by the color produced. Creativity flows as students then combine their scientific and artistic skills to make unique, colorful “chem”-eleons. A great integrated learning activity! Includes one acid and one base solution, five red cabbage indicator color charts, complete instructions with reproducible student handouts, valuable Teacher Notes, and enough materials to make 30 chameleons.
Complete for 30 students working individually. Common household acids and bases are suggested, but not included.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 401
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 382
You May Also Like
- Balance, 410 X 0.01 g, Flinn Electronic
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, Low Form, 400 mL
- Acid-Base Test Kit I - Properties of Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
- Disappearing Ink - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- pH Measurements Using Indicators - Student Laboratory Kit
- Disappearing Rainbow - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Natural Indicators - Acids, Bases, and the pH Scale - Guided-Inquiry Kit
Indicator Sponge - A Discrepant Event
Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Acid-Base Test Kit II - Reactions of Acids and Bases - Student Laboratory Kit
- Acids and Bases, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 13