Before da Vinci could write his “code,” he needed ink. Where did he get the ink? He made it!
Students will go back in time to the Middle Ages to discover the chemistry behind the ancient process of making ink. After investigating the chemical reactions involved, the fun continues as students write and draw their own creations with the finished product! An excellent activity to show evidence of chemical versus physical changes. Includes complete instructions with reproducible student handouts and all necessary materials—including special writing “parchment” and “quills."
Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 461
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 394
You May Also Like
- Flinn Scientific Electronic Balance, 410 x 0.01-g
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, 250-mL
- Writing with Electricity - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Chemical Wizardry - Multi-Demonstration Kit
- Chromatography Challenge - Science, Inquiry, and Art - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Marbling Paper - Student Laboratory Kit
- Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures - Student Laboratory Kit
- Color Change Challenge - Problem Solving Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit