Black is the absence of color—or is it? The challenge in this inquiry-based activity is for students to reproduce beautiful multicolor art patterns created by the teacher using radial paper chromatography and a variety of black markers. Students will be amazed at the unique art chromatograms that can be made, and teachers will delight in the novel problem-solving strategies students use to recreate the designs. An excellent activity to teach compounds and mixtures, the separation of mixtures, and the principles of chromatography. Includes detailed instructions with reproducible student handouts, valuable Teacher Notes, and a page of beautiful color photos of sample art.
Complete for 90 radial chromatograms. Includes one set of eight markers. Additional sets of markers are available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 436
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 481
You May Also Like
- Black Markers, Assorted Set of 8
- Introduction to Paper Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Chromatography Centrifuge - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plant Pigment Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Amino Acid Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Radial Chromatography - Chemistry with an Artistic Flair! Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Radial Chromatography T-Shirts - The Experiment You Can Wear! Student Laboratory Kit
- Food Dye Chromatography - Student Laboratory Kit
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures, Flinn ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 2
- Create Your Own Gas Chromatograph - Instant Instrumentation Demonstration Kit