Experience the nature of scientific inquiry and scientific problem solving using this unique color change challenge lab! Students must discover a sequence of chemical changes—using four unknown colorless solutions—that will result in a series of specific color changes. As students design and then carry out their “action plan,” they learn that scientific problem solving is not a random process, and that trial and error is really a series of logical steps leading toward a solution. A fun activity for developing critical thinking skills, as well as to introduce chemical reactions! Includes all necessary chemicals, disposable pipets, labels, and pipet holders. Includes Teacher Notes and reproducible student handouts.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Reusable spot plates are recommended and available separately.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 489
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 254
You May Also Like
- Spot Plate, Polystyrene, 12-well, 12/pkg
- Reaction Plates, 24-well
- Match the Mystery Solutions - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Larry's Lost Labels Luncheonette - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Observation and Experiment - Introduction to the Scientific Method - Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Mystery Light Block - Scientific Method Demonstration Kit
- Scientific Method - Student Laboratory Kit
- Think Tube - Demonstration Kit
- Solubility Races - Scientific Method Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Opening Day - Multi-Demonstration Kit