Amaze your students with the force of air pressure! This student lab kit dramatically demonstrates the force of air pressure using mini Magdeburg hemispheres. Simply press two Magdeburg hemispheres together until they stick, then hang them from a support stand. Attach a spring scale to the bottom hemisphere, and pull down. Students will be astounded at the force required to pull the Magdeburg hemispheres apart! Quantitative measurements using the spring scale allow students to calculate the air pressure related to that force. Detailed student instructions and Teacher Notes are provided. Spring scales (2000 g/20 N) are required but not included. Enough materials are provided for 15 groups.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 657
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 365
You May Also Like
- Pressure Mat - Demonstration Kit
- Bicycle Floor Pump with Gauge and Release Valve
- Breaking Board Paradox - Demonstration Kit
- Magdeberg Hemispheres, Rubber
- Atmosphere Bar
- Boyle's Law Apparatus
- Magdeburg Hemispheres
- Absolute Zero Device
- Collapsing Can Demonstraion
- Investigating Pressure Activity-Stations Laboratory Kit