Soil is the foundation of every ecosystem and biome on Earth, and yet we know more about the moon than we do about the ground beneath our feet! Let students dig deeper into the composition of soil using the most comprehensive manual about soil ecology available! Eighteen different labs allow students to learn how different environmental factors affect the soil, including the nitrogen cycle, pH, plants, precipitation, and UV radiation. Students will also learn how to perform serial dilutions, extract protozoa, and count bacteria and yeast colonies in soil. Let your students discover firsthand how the ecology of the soil influences multicellular organisms on Earth. A must-have for any environmental science or biology classroom! 88 pages, 8½"
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 954
You May Also Like
- Physical and Chemical Properties of Soil Environmental Science Lab Kit
- Permeability, Porosity, and Soil Moisture
- Soil- A Natural Filter Environmental Science Demonstration Kit
- Biology and Chemistry of Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- How Soil Is Formed - Student Laboratory Kit
- pH of Soil - Super Value Laboratory Kit
Porosity and Drainage Rate of Soil -
Student Laboratory Kit
- Soil Contamination - Forensics Laboratory Kit
- Discover Life in the Soil - Student Laboratory Kit
- Buffering Lakes and Streams—Environmental Science Demonstration Kit