Student Laboratory Kit
Students will be amazed as they extract and isolate DNA from fruit! The “spooled” DNA obtained in this manner is identified using electrophoresis, the most common technique in biotechnology. Visible bands appear as the DNA fragments run through the “molecular maze” in the presence of an electric field. Kit includes dried fruit and all solutions needed for students to isolate DNA, as well as agarose, buffer, and dyes for electrophoresis. Dried fruit is a safe, convenient source of DNA. Purified fish DNA added to the isolated fruit DNA for electrophoresis ensures that DNA bands will always be visible. Student success every time!
Complete for six student groups. Super Value Kit is complete for 30 student groups. Electrophoresis apparatus is required and available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 881
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 579
You May Also Like
- Six Gel Electrophoresis Apparatus
- Electrophoresis Lab Station
- DNA Forensics - Student Laboratory Kit
- DNA Fingerprinting 1
- DNA Paternity Testing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Why Do People Look Different? Student Laboratory Kit
- Gel Electrophoresis Simulation
- The Genetics of Cancer - Student Laboratory Kit
- Roles of Restriction Enzymes - Student Laboratory Kit
- Protein Electrophoresis