Students know that the stomach contains acid and that too much acid may cause heartburn. Use this fascinating demonstration to show students the biology and chemistry of how an antacid alleviates heartburn. With a little help from MOM-milk of magnesia-and universal indicator, students will clearly see the neutralizing effect of magnesium hydroxide on stomach acid. Colorful demonstration is sure to provoke interesting discussions about the chemistry of other over-the-counter medications and the biochemistry of the human body.
Kit includes detailed instructions with discussion of the chemical and biological processes, student worksheet, and enough materials to perform the demonstration seven times.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 803
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 593
You May Also Like
- Upset Tummy? MOM to the Rescue! Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Magnetic Stirrer, Flinn, 7" x 7"
- Metabolism Experiment
- Effects of Drugs Kit
- Chemicals of Life - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Yeast - On The Job
- Sun Protection Factor Kit
- Alcohol Fermentation Demonstration Kit
- Aerobic Respiration and Fermentation Made Easy Kit
- Beakers, Borosilicate Glass, Low Form, 1000 mL