Create a functioning model of the kidney and observe how the model filters out wastes from simulated blood! Students build a model of the nephron, the filtering unit of the kidney, and investigate its ability to filter various substances out of simulated blood. The simulated urine is then analyzed using common urinalysis tests for color, clarity, pH, salt crystals, and glucose. The results help students understand the role of the kidneys in maintaining chemical balance in the body, and also teach them about the importance of urinalysis as a vital tool in diagnosing physiological health conditions. Kit includes enough chemicals and disposable equipment and supplies for 30 students working in pairs, along with reproducible student handouts and complete teachers notes.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 791
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 607
You May Also Like
- Cylinder, Borosilicate Glass, 10 mL*
- Simulated Urinalysis - Student Laboratory Kit
- The Coroner's Report - Urine and Blood Analysis Laboratory Kit
- Artificial Urine, Normal, 1000 mL
- Urine Test Strips, Multipurpose
- Glucose Test Strips
- Kidney Model, Two-part
- Pig Kidney, Preserved, Pkg/5
- Slide, Kidney, c.s.
- Slide, Kidney-Human, Section