Bring passive cell transport to life in this student laboratory kit. Students create an artificial cell using dialysis tubing and simulated cellular fluid containing a special dye and glucose. The diffusion of dye through the membrane can be directly observed, but what about the water and glucose? Mass and volume measurements prove that osmosis takes place, while glucose test strips confirm that the unseen glucose molecules also diffuse though the pores in the artificial cell membrane. Kit includes reproducible student handouts, detailed background information, complete teacher notes with sample data and answers to all questions, and all chemicals and consumable supplies needed to perform the lab. Complete for 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 897
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 588
You May Also Like
- Concentrating on Equilibrium - Super Value Kit
- Dialysis Fundamentals Experiment Kit
- Diffusion Demonstration Model
- Diffusion and Osmosis - Student Laboratory Kit
- Double Thistle Tube, Osmosis Apparatus
- Exploring the Rate of Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Membrane Diffusion Kit
- Cell Size and Diffusion - Student Laboratory Kit
- Disposable Dialysis Tubing Clamps
- Dialysis Funnel/Holder