Unlock the puzzle of the periodic table! In this activity, students are challenged to organize or arrange a special deck of colored cards using a method of two-dimensional classification. Students discover the meaning of periodicity as their final layout reveals patterns and trends in the rows and columns. But wait, the table is incomplete! Students’ learning is improved as they predict the properties of missing cards, just as Mendeleev predicted the properties of “missing” elements in the periodic table more than 100 years ago.
Includes complete instructions with reproducible student handouts, valuable Teacher Notes, and 10 sets of 30 cards.
Super Value Kit is complete for 10 student groups. All materials are reusable!
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 479
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 372
You May Also Like
- Density Is a Periodic Property - Super Value Kit
- Families of Elements - Alkaline Earth Metals and Halides - Student Laboratory Kit
- Periodic Activity of Metals - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Periodic Trends and the Properties of Elements - Student Laboratory Kit
- All in the Family - Periodic Trends Demonstration Kit
- Periodic Table Basics - Student Laboratory Kit
- Plotting Trends - A Periodic Table Student Laboratory Kit
- It's in the Cards - Periodic Table Super Value Guided-Inquiry Kit
- Flinn Periodic Table, Two-Sided Hanging Wall Chart
- The Periodic Table, ChemTopic Labs Book, Volume 4