Demonstrate the relationship between angular velocity and centripetal acceleration. The low cost and simple construction of the centripetal force apparatus make it a must for every classroom. The experiment uses the weight of 20 washers hanging from one end of a nylon thread to balance the pull of a rubber stopper swinging overhead. Complete instructions provided.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 630
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 318
You May Also Like
- Centrifugal Hoop Demonstration
- Circular Motion Paradox
- Curve Ahead, Reduce Speed! Centripetal Force Demonstration Kit
- Figure Skating Dumbbells
- Greek Waiter's Tray - Super Value Laboratory Kit
- Gyroscope and Gimbal Cradle Kit
- Orbital Speed Demonstration Kit
- Investigating the Rattlebackbowl Kit
- Spooling Around with Physics - Demonstration Kit
- Liquid Accelerometer - Demonstration Kit