Safely demonstrate the production and combustion of acetylene gas with this fun vintage toy. Simply load the specially formulated calcium carbide “ammunition,” close the casing to add water, pull back on the igniter and give the plunger a good push. BANG! Students will definitely remember this combustion reaction! Single-shot, breech-loading cannon is made entirely of cast iron. 9”L x 3.5”W x 3.5”H. Each cannon includes one tube of Bangsite calcium carbide and spark plug that will produce about 100 shots. Extra Bangsite and spark plugs available separately.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 406
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 332
You May Also Like
- Bangsite® Calcium Carbide Tube
- Replacement Spark Plug
Alcohol Cannon Apparatus Kit -
Combustion of Isopropyl Alcohol
- Knock Your Socks Off Apparatus Kit - Reaction of Calcium Carbide
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Piezo Ping Pong Popper - Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Energy and Thermodynamics DVD Set
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10