Simple, safe, and exciting “carbide cannon” will blow your students away! Fill the base of the apparatus with a few grains of calcium carbide and add water to produce flammable acetylene gas. Wait a minute, and then ignite. The projectile, a soft sock, will be propelled across the room, to the amazement of your students! Carbide cannon is constructed of durable PVC and can be reused for many years to come. Kit includes comprehensive safety instructions, procedure, and demonstration notes. Calcium carbide and a safety lighter are required and available separately.
Knock Your Socks Off Apparatus Kit - See It In Action Video
Simple, safe, and exciting "carbide cannon" demonstration will blow your students away!
Knock Your Socks Off Demonstration Video
Easy to do with a carbide cannon built from PVC pipe — the projectile is a sock.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 407
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 335
You May Also Like
- Calcium Carbide, 100 g
- Butane Safety Lighter
Alcohol Cannon Apparatus Kit -
Combustion of Isopropyl Alcohol
- Thermodynamics in a Bag - Super Value Kit
- Piezo Ping Pong Popper - Demonstration Kit
- Smashing Thermit Reaction - Demonstration Kit
- Whoosh Bottle - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Zinc Pyrotechnics - Chemical Demonstration Kit
- Energy and Thermodynamics DVD Set
- Thermochemistry, Flinn Chemtopic Labs Book, Volume 10