Exercise your students’ bodies—and their minds—to discover the essential relationship between breathing and cellular respiration! Students determine the relative amount of carbon dioxide in exhaled air before and after exercise using an acid–base indicator. Which sample contains a greater concentration of CO2? How and why do athletes train to increase their breathing efficiency? Students will answer these questions and explore the complex biofeedback mechanism by which the body uses the production of CO2 and pH to regulate breathing.
Complete for 30 students working in pairs. Super Value Kit is complete for 5 classes of 30 students working in pairs.
Additional ResourcesNo Additional Resources at the time.
Flinn Catalog/Reference Manual Page 800
Flinn Middle School Catalog/Reference Manual Page 612
You May Also Like
- Lung Model- Student Laboratory Kit
- Functioning Lung Model
- Lung Bag Activity
- Breathing Fitness Lab
- Lung Model
- Investigating Heart Rate - Demonstration Kit
- Joint Models Demonstration Kit
- Understanding Sound and Hearing - Student Laboratory Kit
- Physiology of the Human Circulatory System
- Levers of the Body Demonstration Kit